Last Updated on March 31, 2023 by Pets Feed
According to the breed to which your furry belongs, it surely has not only physical but also emotional and behavioral characteristics that make it unique. This is real, since like human beings, dogs have a character according to their race.
Here are the behavioral traits that define each of the most popular breeds. How is your furry?
Character of dogs according to each breed
These are the traits and qualities that define the dog breeds most loved by all.
- Afghan hound: The Afghan is an elegant, strong and distant dog with strangers, being a dog with hunting roots it can become fierce if the situation warrants it, it is a good guardian, although it is not good at tolerating the games of the kids.
- Akita: The Akita breed has a calm temperament, in constant alertness, faithful, courageous and obedient.
- American Bully: The American Bully is a friendly and loyal dog, he is the perfect dog to live with children.
- American Pitbull Terrier: he is an intelligent and playful dog. He is also obedient, although it is necessary to socialize him from an early age, to avoid aggressive behavior.
- Basset Hound: his character is a tolerant, passive dog and an excellent guardian of the house. He is a dog that can be easily trained, although the females have more aptitude for training.
- Beagle: Beagle is a dog, quite hyperactive, but always alert to his surroundings; It is recommended not to give so much confidence when children are around, since it can be exceeded in the game.
- Maltese: The Maltese is a calm, faithful, affectionate and cheerful dog, making it the perfect companion dog.
- Border Collie: he is one of the most primitive domestic dogs, it is a dog that does not tolerate punishment and can lose his charisma if he submits too much.
- Boston Terrier: his character is strong and determining, also because he transmits style and elegance. He can be friendly and lively.
- Boxer: The Boxer is a little calm dog and in a constant state of nerves, but at the same time he is quite faithful and loyal to his master. At times he can become suspicious and aggressive but that depends on early socialization.
- Bulldog: he is a dog that has a friendly, loyal and always alert character, so he is a great protector of the home.
- Chihuahua: Mainly it is a very nervous dog, but at the same time happy, active and too noisy, it can also be aggressive, especially with children, if it is not socialized properly.
- Cocker Spaniel: It is a perfect dog to be a companion pet, it also adapts easily to different lifestyles.
- Dalmatian: he is a very sociable and friendly dog, although he does not tolerate children’s games.
- Doberman: It is a dominant, friendly and peaceful dog. He also needs home care and because of his looks he can make a good watchdog.
- Golden Retriever: This breed has a friendly, intelligent, docile and faithful temperament. It also adapts easily to different lifestyles.
- Jack Russell Terrier: It is a cheerful, active, courageous dog and in a constant state of alert.
- German Shepherd: This dog has a strong, calm and confident character, as well as having a loyal, protective and sociable instinct.
- Newfoundland: This breed has a friendly character, is very loyal to its owner, is quite protective and has skills for water rescue.
- Pinscher: He has a strong temperament, proud and independent, he is also calm and alert, which makes him a good family dog and guardian.
- Pug: It is a very happy, affectionate and intelligent dog, this breed is characterized by not being aggressive and being an excellent companion dog.
- Schnauzer: It is a highly intelligent dog, so it can be easily trained. He tends to be a proud breed with little tolerance for punishment, yet he is cheerful, lively and loyal.
- Rottweiler: Rottweilers are a shy, serene, friendly breed, on the alert to act in any situation, it is an excellent guardian, faithful friend and safe companion.
- Yorkshire Terrier: Regarding his character, he is a faithful and intelligent but also territorial dog. He is also known for his tendency to be nervous and “hyperactive”.
- Bernese Mountain Dog: he has a very active and affectionate personality. He is usually overprotective with his owner and very obedient, which makes it easy for him to train.
- Shih Tzu: he is a brave, intelligent, playful and affectionate dog, he likes to be with people and generally behaves well with the other animals that we have at home.
As you can see, not all dogs have the same behavior pattern.