Last Updated on November 14, 2021 by Pets Feed
Every owner dreams of an obedient dog that behaves well on the street, in public places and clearly obeys all commands. Getting the dog of your dreams requires systematic and consistent training.
Dog training is a responsible activity that requires not only special knowledge from the trainer, but also maximum endurance, consistency and patience. But often a person who begins to train a dog fall into despair and he has a keen desire to give up everything.
To prevent such situations from arising, we advise you to heed our advice, which will help bring what you started to the end.
- One person must train the dog. Even if you have a large family everyone offers help, politely refuse and explain that one person should be involved in raising a pet.
- This also applies to changing the coach. In the process of training, contact is established between the trainer and the four-legged friend, and this process usually takes a long time. Any change of trainer will lead to a loss of time, and this is fraught with a deterioration in the results of training.
- Only train in a good mood. All negativity and irritability are best left outside the training area. The dog feels your mood well and will not be able to correctly perceive the whole process.
A few helpful tips will help you avoid fatal training mistakes and will serve as the foundation for quality dog training.
- Any cruelty and severity at the initial stage of training can cause stubbornness and disobedience. Try to treat the pet with understanding and take into account the peculiarities of the psyche of the puppy, which is beginning to form.
- Strictly adhere to the training algorithm. We work out one command in one lesson. We give a clear command with our voice, and after completion we encourage it with a delicacy. Each command must be worked out several times and only then must the dog be impeccably executed.
- From simple to complex. Always start with simple commands and gradually build up the difficulty and intensity of your workout.
- Don’t humanize the dog. The pet does not understand human speech, but it clearly captures the emotional state of the owner. Therefore, when voicing commands, do not change intonation, do not use additional words and phrases.
- In the process of training, the trainer is faced with prohibitions. In working with them, you must adhere to the sequence and if you once forbidden it, never allow it.
- Any of your negative emotions can cause a breakdown on the dog. This can disrupt established contact and lead to disobedience to your pet. Before training, tune in only for positive and success.
- Correct encouragement. You should only give your dog treats and praise when he has followed your command. The same should be done with praise. When you say good to your dog, he needs to understand that it is a word of approval.
- The secret of success is the correct voice of the order. First, your voice should be flat and your sounds clear. If the dog does not obey and does not follow the direction, repeat the phrase, but more assertively. The monotony of the command will lead to the fact that you constantly have to repeat the same thing several times.
Praise your pet and end each workout on a purely positive note. Remember that training is an ongoing process in which every detail can be crucial. And so that your pet is always healthy and full of energy, we will take care of his nutrition, because only a healthy diet of a dog can make him happy. Your pet will be grateful for your love and care.