Last Updated on August 4, 2023 by Pets Feed
The Ragamuffin cat Breed is a fairly new cat breed. In addition to being a hybrid, it is said to be a hybrid of several different breeds. These breeds were obtained as a result of crossing the Angora cat of the breed known as the Persian cat or the Ragdoll breed, the largest known cat breed.
Ragamuffin cat photos
The ragamuffin cat breed is medium or large size, which weighs 5 to 8 kg, has solid bones and a full body. Males are generally larger than females, can weigh more than 10 kg and are completely mature around the age of 4.
- The head has the shape of a large modified corner with pleasantly rounded contours, without flat edges. The forehead and the chin are rounded, the muzzle is short and round, slightly wide, the mustache pads are dodus;
- Ears – medium -sized, slightly tilted forward, rounded with small acorns;
- The eyes are large, in the shape of nuts, expressive, moderately wide, there can be a slight inclination. The color of the eyes can be any, but the more rich and bright it is, the better. Cats with different colors are also authorized. The only exception is that for the eyes the eyes must be aqua, for the sepia they must be yellow or green;
- Body – rectangular, fleshy, large chest, shoulders, pelvis, skin folds can hang in the bottom of the abdomen, the weight is uniformly distributed throughout the body;
- The tail is long, proportionate to the body, completely pubescent, similar to a plume, of average width at the base with a slight narrowing towards the end;
- Legs – average length, heavy bone, hind legs slightly longer than the front legs, wide and round necessary to support the heavy goods vehicle, hairs between and under the toes;
- Jumping – Middle, soft, thick, silky length. The texture can vary depending on the color. The coat is longer around the neck, along the outline of the face, on the hind legs.
Character and behavior
The exceptional Ragamuffin character traits make it a desirable cat for many people. This breed, like its ancestor the ragdoll, is distinguished by a very docile nature. These cats are very friendly, attentive and affectionate, they immediately start to purr as soon as they are picked up.
Although the physique of the ragamuffin is far from athletic, he likes to play, run after the toys and climb on the scratch. But above all, these cats like to spend time with their owner and their families. They meet you at the door, accompany you everywhere in the house.
Relationship with children and other animals
Ragamuffins are healthy cats with high immunity. If we are talking about genetically determined diseases, the race has only two: renal polycystosis (inherited from the Persians) and hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. In the first case, the process is irreversible and everything that can be done with early diagnosis is to slow down its evolution. With HCMT, there is a thickening of the walls of the ventricles, the result of which is heart failure. It is also impossible to completely overcome cardiomyopathy, but with well -designed medical treatment, there is chances of extending the life of a pet.
Oral health is important for our feet friends. It will be beneficial to get used to brushing your teeth when you are a puppy. The long hairs around the ears of these pawn friends, who have long hair, dirty the inside of these big ears and accumulate quickly. You should also take care of your ears.
These cats, which have a long life, can naturally have a kidney disease in their aging bodies over time. To do this, having regular checks and veterinary care will assure you to be aware of this situation from the first time.
Long hairs always require more care, and the ragamuffin cat breed is no exception. Their hairs must be combed twice a week, carefully remove the dead hairs, lumps and tangled fragments. Cats are generally sensitive to such things, so be careful. In addition, be sure to cut the claws 2 times a month, keep your animal’s ears clean, remove deposits and dirt, and wash it regularly.
History of the breed
Known as the first breeder, Ann Baker is of great importance in the development and spread of this cat breed. This breed, which later spread and became famous, was accepted as a breed by the American Cat Lovers Association. We have said that it is a fairly new breed, this breed was bred by Ann Baker in 1994. In 2001, this breed was recognized by cat associations.
We would also like to say that this cat breed is very rare. So owning this cat can be a bit expensive. Let’s get to know the Raggamuffin breed, which quickly attracts the attention of cat lovers with its large and long hair.