Last Updated on July 16, 2023 by Pets Feed
A pampered dog is first and foremost ill-mannered and disobedient. He respects what the owner expects of him and only cares about what he himself feels. Sure, everyone overlooks the antics of naughty pets sometimes, but there are certain lines that are best not crossed. Here are 8 signs you can easily tell if your dog has taken over your life.
Signs of an Overly Spoiled Dog
1. Barking whenever a dog wants something is one of the clearest signs of being spoiled. A quadruped who’s learned that every time he barks, he’ll get all the cravings – he won’t stop doing it. Whether it’s for a toy, a treat or the attention of the owner, the dog always barks. This is due to the fact that the guardian responds to each of his calls. The dog learns it quickly, and such barking is extremely annoying for the owner himself, and sometimes for the entire estate.
2. Ignoring caregiver instructions and requests is another sign of caring. The dog only does what he wants, and the owner is not at all important to him. This is not due to the dog’s lack of intelligence, but a lack of consistency. If the dog does not learn to obey commands and absolutely nothing is required of him, and he will receive rewards for nothing, the animal will simply ignore the man.
3. Harassing bystanders and jumping on people is another behavior that the owner must control. Even though the sitter says his pet is so happy to greet him, he shouldn’t do it to everyone he meets on the street. Especially when someone doesn’t like it, is afraid of dogs or is just in a hurry to meet in a new stylish outfit.
4. Snatching food from plates in the kitchen, or worse, from strangers, is another major sign of bad manners and care. Allowing such behavior and the absence of consequences causes the dog to quickly master the art of stealing food and begging. It is worth teaching the quadruped that such behavior is unacceptable, especially since it can often lead to eating something that can simply harm the dog. Being overweight is another sign that you need to take better care of your pet. Excessive kilograms of fat are not good for the health of the animal and are not a sign of love from the owner, but of neglect and excessive overfeeding.
5. An unresponsive quadruped doing whatever it wants on a walk is, of course, a sign of care. A loose dog doing what it pleases can make life very difficult for all other walkers. In addition to the fact that it irritates everyone, it can lead to unpleasant misunderstandings with other people and dogs, and in the worst case it will end in a serious bite.
6. The dog wants to go out all the time, and when he does, he doesn’t even poop? If the quadruped is healthy, it also means that he has taken over the owner who fulfills all his whims. It pays to “get along” with the dog and agree to go out with the dog only when he expresses a clear need to defecate in the yard.
7. Biting the leash and hands contrary to appearances is another sign of waste and disobedience. Although puppies that do this look cute, it’s best to wean them quickly. When the dog gets older, it will become a really persistent problem and the walk will become an extraordinary torment for both the dog and the owner.
If the dog decides if and when to play with the owner, it clearly means that the dog has taken control of the human. The owner is obedient to the dog in this situation, and yet it should be the other way around. If, when the guardian wants to take care of him, the dog often comes with toys and barks, expecting a reaction, such behavior can spoil the relationship between the guardian and the animal.
8. A dog eats and sleeps better than its owner is a sure sign of spoiling a pet. While fancy foods and treats can be good for a dog’s health, sleeping in the middle of the bed and being careful not to accidentally wake the pet is overkill. It’s worth teaching the dog to get off the bed on command, or at least get him moving on it. After all, a man doesn’t have his own bed so he has to sleep in a dog bed later!
Follow Pets Feed on Google News!